Monday, August 4, 2014

More dogs

Pot of gold.

Say hello to my little friend.

What is this weather?  Fiji in winter


America and around the world, hello. It's me, Sister Wright, your favorite Fijian Sister Missionary. (Yeah, I'm Fijian.) Another week has come and gone, and it's as if every week I find myself even more grateful for the restoration of this gospel. Why is that? Well, being a missionary is not an easy job. And there are times where you just have to close your eyes because that's where you find the most privacy from the world around you. And in that privacy is where you pray. You pray to your Father as if He was sitting right there in front of you, paying 100% attention to what you have to say. You tell Him that you are trying your best, but it seems as if your best isn't good enough. You cry to Him, because you know that you need to suck it up and keep going because you've been here awhile and you shouldn't have these feelings of discouragement anymore. But you do. You pour your heart out to Him. And He listens. And not only does He listen, but He also responds. He speaks peace to your mind. He reminds you of the countless blessings that have come, and that will continue to come. He encourages you to keep moving forward, and to not give up. He helps you to pay more attention to what you are teaching these people-- and suddenly you remember what a blessing it is to have a knowledge of this gospel! Oh yeah. You forgot for a minute there. But now your perspective is realigned with eternity. Now you can move forward with a lightness in your step. 
Ok this type of experience has happened a few times throughout my mission, where I have basically had a bad day that could have potentially caused other people to have a bad day too. But prayer is such a blessing and privilege! Every time, I have asked that the Lord will give me something, anything, to boost me up. And He always has. Without fail. Sometimes it is a package, sometimes it is a letter. This time it was just a peaceful feeling that everything is going to be ok. That's good enough for me :)
Haha I sound so melodramatic. Honestly no one this side of the pond knows that I was going through anything. I've gotten very good at controlling my emotions and my facial expressions. It's a great talent to have haha, one that I had trouble with before. But discovering the power of prayer and also the fact that happiness is a choice has completely changed my life! I am happy :)
This week we went to contact one of our referrals. Here's what they told us about her: "She lives up on top of a hill and she has more than a dozen dogs. So you'll have to call her before you meet her." As you may remember, I just got bit by a dog a couple of weeks ago. So when they told me that, you would think that I would be freaked out or something. BUT NO. "And I Nephi said unto my father, I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that he giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he hath commanded them." That was by memory so it might be a bit off. Sorry. So we went and she is named Constance and the dogs DID NOT BITE US. It was a miracle, because apparently they usually do bite. And Constance is really interested in learning more, and possibly getting baptized, so that was a good referral.
Then one of Kelera's friends, Loata, came to church with her and REALLY enjoyed it. (Especially my Gospel Principles lesson ;) :D) And she told Kelera that she wants to get baptized. So we're going to be teaching her soon. Yay!
And ah one of the things that the Lord reminded me of that really made me happy is my family. I love you people so much. What a blessing that I happened to be born into the Wright family. I don't know what it is that I did in the preexistence to deserve such a rocking awesome family, but I am so glad that I did it.
I am overwhelmed with gratitude for all of the blessings in my life. Overwhelmed.
I love you people. 

No comments: