Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

Hello my people :)

Happy Mother's Day to all of the women in my life, and the men too
haha. I hope all is well with all of you, that no one is currently
suffering or having a ridiculously bad hair day. Why do I say that? Am
I having a bad hair day? No, actually. My hair is being very nice to
me right now. I mean, it is thinning like crazy, but at least I have
been blessed with curls to mask the thinness with volume. But I
digress.
Why was this week a good one? (Because every week is good in Fiji.)
Here are some reasons:
1. Kasa. Kasa is an investigator that really came out of nowhere. We
actually started teaching her aunt, but then she sat in on the
lessons. And then we found out that her mom had been baptized twenty
years ago. Kasa is 13 years old. She is about as silent as a mouse,
even when we talk to her in Fijian. We have to pull and pry everything
out of her. Otherwise she will just smile at you with her cute little
smile and giggle. The funny thing is, she has no problem talking to us
outside of lessons, but during lessons, when we ask her questions, she
has a really hard time answering. And this was why we didn't think she
would be a very solid investigator. But then something happened. We
meant to go and pick her up for church on Sunday (something we don't
usually want to do because it's like spoonfeeding our investigators
and we don't want them to get used to it) but as the Taxi was rounding
the corner, we saw her walking towards the chapel on foot. It had
taken her one hour, but she had made the journey! No other
investigator from my experience in Suva has ever been that committed.
And this is a 13 year old girl. I was so happy :)))) And then later on
we had a lesson with her, and we taught her how to bear her testimony.
 And she actually bore it! It was so simple and so quiet, but so
profound. She testified that the church was true and that it was
changing her. That was good enough for me :) I hear baptismal bells
ringing in the near future! (What does that even mean...but really, we
invited her to be baptized and she said yes. Now we just need to
reeactivate her mom.)
2. The Infinite Atonement, by Tad R. Callister. I've actually gotten
to meet him a couple of times here in Fiji. I was sad when he was
released, but happy that he was called to be the Sunday School
President. But the poor guy, when is he going to get a break? Haha.
Anyway, I read his book. It was a lifechanger. I recommend it to
anyone and everyone. It gave me a whole new perspective on Jesus
Christ. And not just one perspective, like fifteen new perspectives.
The book basically looks at the Atonement from every angle. And
because of that, my relationship with my Savior is so so much
stronger. Because of this book and Jesus the Christ and the Miracle of
Forgiveness, I have decided that my religious library is going to be
impressive.
3. Many other things, but I am out of time! (ONE OF WHICH IS THAT UNA
IS BACK AND WILL BE GETTING BAPTIZED BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH.)

I hope you all know that I love you and appreciate you. I am so
grateful to have been able to talk to you guys on the phone. I can
honestly say that I was born into the best family in the entire world.
Sorry this is a smaller one than I meant to write, but I promise the
next one will be better.
LOLOMA BIBI!!!
Sister Wright

No comments: