Monday, April 14, 2014

WOW what a week!

This week. I turned 20. That sounds really old, but
really I have only lived through two decades. That ain't nothing.
That's a drop in the ocean of eternity. Still, I never thought that I
would spend the last year of my teenagehood in the service of my God.
I am so grateful that I did. I am so grateful to have spent my
birthday in Lautoka. They took really good care of me.
Here's how it went: I found out that I was getting transferred back to
Suva. I bore my testimony in church that Sunday telling everyone how
much I love them and how much I am going to miss them and how much I
need them to take care of Sister Eneri. I also told them it was going
to be my birthday that week. And what do you know? Plenty of the ward
members decided to do something about it. I ENDED UP HAVING LIKE SIX
BIRTHDAY PARTIES AND EIGHT BIRTHDAY CAKES. I have heard that
missionary birthdays are the worst. I beg to differ. My missionary
birthday was fabulous. I felt so loved. If asked which cake was the
best, I would have to say Sister Reddy's. Her baking skills have come
a long way. Man I will miss the Reddys. But the last district meeting
that I had in Lautoka was a lovely one. The training was on the Book
of Mormon and I just about cried. So much respect for Elder Pence. We
figured out our differences and he did a good job of throwing a
farewell/birthday party for me. Ah I am so missing that district right
now. That zone. The west. I did receive the package with the birthday
party supplies (as well as the other two, but not until later)(THANK
YOU MAMA AND FAMILY). Sister Eneri managed to throw me a nice little
party the morning of my birthday. She was determined to make
everything perfect. I love her so much. I miss her. She is the best.
My actual birthday-day was spent traveling from Lautoka to Suva in
order to attend the Specialized Sisters Training Meeting. It was a
good one and I was able to reevaluate my service as a missionary. I
have a lot of things I need to work on. So much room for improvement.
Then the transfer occurred. Parting with Sister Eneri was wrenching. I
miss that girl. I will forever cherish the time that I spent with her.
But I love Sister Uate. She is awesome and we get along so well. I am
grateful for the chance to be her companion. It is a blessing to have
her, because we have a lot of work to do. This is not an easy area. I
felt pretty overwhelmed and anxious when I first sat down with Sister
Uate and got the lowdown. But I have some good ideas, and I am looking
forward to implementing them. We are going to do a little healing work
in this area. Patch it up for the next missionaries to serve here.
It's the least we can do.
I really miss the west. BUT I am grateful that I get to come to Suva
and redeem myself. The beginning of my mission I was reserved and
quiet. Now I'm a bit more of the fireball I used to be. I've grown
comfortable in my own skin. I have more confidence. Watch out Nasinu.
There's a new Sister Wright in town.
I love all of you people. I miss you but oh well. I'll see you soon enough.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
LOLOMA BIBI
KARISITO SAI KOYA NA VUNA
~SISTA DONU

No comments: