Sunday, March 2, 2014

Halfway


This is Tima. We found her the other day and she is SO golden. The aunt of Sister Vasu, who is serving in the other Lautoka ward. SMALL world. Anyway, we call her na, which means mom in Fijian. Such a sweet lady. If all goes according to plan, she'll be getting baptized by the end of the month. 


 This us having lunch with Adi, a recent convert. She desperately wants me and the elder who taught and baptized her to get married. She always talks about it and convinced me to print a picture of me and him out for her. She has it up on her wall now. 

Hi. Guess what a dog chewed up my Chacos. My heart broke. But don't worry about replacing them. I got some knock-off WHAT DO YOU CALL THOSE SANDALS THAT MOM THINKS ARE REALLY UGLY that suit me just fine. 
I am now halfway through my mission. Suddenly I realize how short my time here really is. It's a bittersweet feeling. Not only that, but transfers are coming up, and I have a feeling that I might be transferred. I don't want to. I love Lautoka so much. In this place I have learned so much about myself and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I want to stay here for the rest of my mission. I want my district to stay the same, my zone to stay the same. No one get transferred for nine more months, please. I especially love my companion. Training her has had it's ups and downs, but somehow she seems to be morphing nicely into a regular missionary. Not because of me. She is learning through her own initiative. I love her. I'm sad that I probably won't see her after the mission. Good old Sister E. It's funny, she may be a few months older than me, but we really are like mother and daughter. She even says I act older than her. But man we have fun. Me forcing her into situations that make her uncomfortable but make me laugh. And then we both laugh and she is grateful that I did it. 
I am happy. I am satisfied with my life right now. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father for giving me the strength to do hard things and still find joy in the work. BUT I hope and pray that nothing happens on March 17th. 
Today is zone P-day, when all the missionaries in the west come to play together. The theme: Olympics. Our district is Finland, simply because it is a really random country and we are going to be acting really random the whole time. Elder Heninger, our district leader, has been having us practice "cheers and celebrations". Cheers to motivate us and celebrations for when we win (because we will win). They are ridiculous and spontaneous and a whole lot of fun. And really, that's just how Elder Heninger is. Best district leader ever. Anyway, I am super excited. Then tomorrow we have Zone Conference. LONG day, but good food, good counsel, and good company. How blessed I am to be a missionary. 
I'M ONLY SAD THAT ELDER HARETUKU GOT TRANSFERRED LAST MONTH AND I WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE HIM. My favorite elder with more fabulous eyebrows than Jack Black himself.
ANYWHO not much has been going on. But basically I love you people and I GOTTA GO BYE...

No comments: