Sunday, February 9, 2014

Week 5 million and 53 (not really)

 Specialized Training for Trainers and Trainees for the Lautoka Zone.

Howdy. I have a few things that I would like to talk about today. 
First, I may be a woman, but I am still a kid. I am serious when it comes to the gospel, but I enjoy having fun. I enjoy joking around. There is a difference between being lightminded and lighthearted. Joseph Smith was lighthearted. The Fijian people LOVE to joke around, and although it took some time for me to get used to their sense of humor, I have since immersed myself in the culture and joke around with them all the time. It's a great way to get into their hearts. If you're constantly serious, they have trouble trusting you. So. Just getting that out there.
Second, I want to talk about an issue. This week we found out that a former missionary from the Fiji Suva Mission committed suicide. He had gone home early. He was bipolar. From what I know, his choice to commit suicide was greatly affected by people talking about how he was sent home early, on Facebook and otherwise. Let me reemphasize how NO ONE has the right to judge a missionary that is sent home early. No one. No one can possibly know the whole story. The fact that this happened makes me exceedingly angry. Why? Because I have known people who have gone home from their missions early. And they do not deserve the flack that they receive. Also, because my brother is bipolar. The point is, our words can have more far reaching consequences than we could ever have imagined. To those that drove this elder to end his own life, I say repent. Or the judgment day will not be a pleasant one for you. (Oilei what a hypocritical statement. I'm just mad, sorry.)
I never knew this elder personally, though our times of service did overlap. But my heart goes out to him and his family. When I heard of the awful news, I thought of my own brother, and how deeply I love him. (Adam I hope you know that I love you.) And how fragile life really is. But I also thought of how blessed we are to have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation! This life is not the end. Nor is death the end of families. The family is an eternal concept. How grateful I am for this knowledge. 
My Wright family, I love you all so much. I wish I could hold you all in my arms and protect you from the pains of this world. To prevent anything bad from ever happening to you. But I know that my decision to go on a mission is a far better protection than any other decision I could have made. I love you forever, I like you for always. As long as I'm living, my family you'll be (as in eternal life, which means forever... :))
I know this isn't a long one, but it took me awhile to think about what to say. 
Loloma levu,
Sista Wright

No comments: