Thursday, June 20, 2013

Exciting things happening!


So much has happened since I last wrote!

First! I want to talk about what is happening this Sunday. There is a worldwide leadership training broadcast. It is part of this new mission president conference. The MTC will host about fifty new mission presidents that will be serving all over the world, as well as the Quorum of the Twelve and the First Presidency. On Sunday, the broadcast will be taking place at the Marriott center, and there will be a choir consisting of missionaries and members. My entire zone is in it, so please keep an eye out! I doubt that the camera will pan over little old me, but you never know! We are all so excited to be singing for the Prophet and the Brethren. It is an incredible thing, listening to over a thousand people sing Called to Serve. And that's only the missionary half of the choir. The choir will probably take up about a fifth of the seats in the Marriott Center. That's a lot! We are also singing Hark All Ye Nations. Once, when we were practicing, our choir director assigned certain sections to stand up at different parts of the song. The sections were based off of where we were going (North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Everywhere Else AKA Me hahaha). It was a powerful visual, as each of the different sections stood, representing the different nations of the world. Hark all ye nations, hear heaven's voice. To every land that all may rejoice. Angels of glory shout the refrain. Truth is restored again. I totally understand why Uncle Ron's family has adopted that as their family song. It's powerful.
 
Mama, I am so excited about your new calling! You are going to be amazing in Young Women's. Guess what, I think I got a new calling at the same time as you. I am now the Sister Training Leader (or Coordinating Sister) for our little zone. All of the Tongan Elders and Sisters left, including our previous Sister Training Leader. What does it mean to have this calling? In my opinion, they created this calling in order to save the elders' sanity. My job is to take care of the sisters, to comfort them when they are having a hard time, and basically to be a stand-in mom. When new sisters come (we are expecting about a million Samoan missionaries in about a week, as well as some Mongolians) I help the zone leaders with new missionary orientation. I talk to them about how things work here at the MTC, how important it is to plan, how to have companionship inventory, how to act around the elders, and modesty. And I also give them a tour. Should be good. Right now I just have four sisters to take care of, but when the next wave of missionaries come in, hoo. I will have around twenty. That's ok, I'm up for it! At first I was overwhelmed. I'm already busy as it is, you know? Learning a language and becoming a missionary and whatnot. And now I have meetings all the time. Being a Sister Training Leader is pretty much the female equivalent to the zone leader. My zone leader rolls his eyes when I say that (which was once, I said it once) but it's true. I may have been overwhelmed before, but I also feel privileged. I am so grateful that the Lord trusts me with this responsibility. To me, it means that I must be strong enough to learn the language, since the Lord thinks I can also handle another job on top of it. I am grateful for the strength that He continually gives me. And for all of the prayers on my behalf. I can feel them. Thank you all so much. 

Sister Tuahivaatetonohiti and I have a new companion. She is also Sister T. Her name is Sister Tautaiolefue. She is going to New Zealand, Samoan speaking. She has been the only Samoan missionary for just about a month, and was with the Tongans until they left. Now she is with us until Monday. She is the sweetest girl, but she talks about a billion miles a minute! Let me tell you, it takes a lot of coordination and patience to be in a threesome. But I am loving it. Having another companion brings a whole new kind of spirit. That's what I love about missionary work. Everyone has a different way of going about it, and it is very interesting to me to learn about these different perspectives and methods. Samoan Sister T genuinely loves all of God's children, and has something nice to say about each of them. I love that about her. I am learning how to be more Christlike from her. 

I hope that Sam had a good birthday. I am sure he did, with all of the family that was over. Sounds like you all had a great time. I would say that I wish I could have been there, but in reality I am content with where I am. I love being a missionary. The Holy Ghost has been my constant companion since I was eight, but now I have been even more aware of him, and have been SO grateful for him. What an incredible thing, the Gift of the Holy Ghost. He has been so helpful with our lessons. I always pray that the Spirit will call to remembrance the things that we have studied. And, as promised, he does :) 

I love you all so much. Keep the faith, keep in touch, keep on keeping on ;)
Sista Wright

PS:  Hahaha, Oh, Wednesdays. We get invaded by new missionaries. Which is so cool!  But it gets super crowded.  And they steal our table at lunch and dinner. OUR TABLE. THE FIJIAN TABLE.  Hahaha

 This is Elder Motuliki. He is the sweetest elder, and the funniest. He is the one that says Oh my lantern! Out of every elder that I have met, he is the one that I wish I could give a big hug. He is like a big old bear.  
 Me, Sister Tuahivaatetonohiti, and Sister Tautaiolefue in the laundry.



No comments: